Known is a social publishing platform that combines aspects of blogging and social media. It’s very easy to use and works like a Facebook group or Tumblr, but doesn’t require that you be a member of those platforms. You can invite up to 200 users to collaborate by sharing post, status updates, photos, and audio. You can also make your own events or RSVP to external events.
- Known integrates with a number of social networks. When you publish on Known, you can choose to syndicate your content to a variety of sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Soundcloud, and more.
- Use hashtags with any content to categorize and organize what you publish
- Privacy settings let you make posts public, private, or for members only. The whole site can also be made private.
- View, edit, and post from any device (tablets, smartphones, etc.)
- Import posts from a WordPress site
Students can use Known to showcase personal projects, get feedback on their work, reflect on and discuss course content with their peers outside of class, and serve as a bank of knowledge for everyone to access.